Monday, July 30, 2012

Today's the Day!

Today, Monday, July 30th is the day that I am starting my diet and exercise program.

When I discussed with my friend last night that I was going to be doing a diet she was worried that I was going to go on one of the insane all juice/ diet pills/ or other wacky diet. I reassured her that no, I use the word diet as meaning that I will be watching what I eat and eating healthier. I need to be accountable for what I am putting into my body as well as what I am doing to get in better shape.

Wednesday I will be heading to the local YMCA to join up there. I am looking forward to working out and starting things slowly. I think I will start with some low impact and aqua aerobics. I have not exercised in years and the last time I walked long distances for exercise was when I was living in Chicago back in 2008 and 2009. At the local Y there is a program that you can register with that will give you a suggested workout based on your current health status and where you would like to get to.

I started using my Wii Fit a bit today and will be using the treadmill shortly. It is a start and I know the duration and amount will increase as my stamina increases.

Wish me luck.

Here are my three lovely pictures of how I look right now on 7/30/12


No comments:

Post a Comment