Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week 1 Coming To A Close

Well I joined the gym on the 2nd and did my fitness analysis as well as started some fitness classes on the 3rd.

On Friday I started off with a morning Deep Water class which is basically treading water and using different motions. That class really kicked my butt and worked more than I thought. I am looking forward to doing that class again next week. After the water class, I was planning on heading to a step class, but my skin decided to fight getting my clothing on since I was wet. I will have to plan a bit better for next time. Since I didn't make the step class, I was lucky that I brought my knitting to keep me occupied for 45 minutes until my fitness analysis appointment.

The analysis was really easy, just a bit of cardio and gauging how much you can comfortably lift on a few machines and then seeing how many crunches you can comfortably do within a minute. The results were put into a computer and from there a resistance (weight) fitness plan is given to you. You are still responsible for your own cardio.

Yesterday, Saturday, I did my first resistance workout. The weights for the most part were pretty light and the reps were fairly easy but I did definitely feel it while I was working the different muscles. Other than that I did a half hour on the treadmill. I am not sure what it is about the elliptical but even on the lowest incline and resistance, it completely kills my hips. Right now I can only stand to do a few minutes of an elliptical because of that. Several years ago, I used to be able to use an elliptical without any problem.

After I came home I rode my new bike for about 30 minutes. I mapped my ride and I rode a total of 1.50 miles (0.75 one way). The bike definitely will take a bit to build up my endurance. The bike really worked my thighs and hips a lot. The other part that will take a bit to get used to will be the bike seat. It definitely puts pressure in part of my butt that makes it a bit uncomfortable. I really need to find some nice padded biking shorts that fits me.

One revelation is that while I am at the gym, I do enjoy my time. I am hoping that this only increases as time goes on. 

Other happy news is that with my meal plan of taking in around 1450 calories, with exercise this should help me to lose 1.5 lbs each week. And with the weight I am hoping to lose, according to the planner, I will be able to do that in about 70 weeks. That is about 1.5 years which is way ahead of my 5 year goal. I would personally be thrilled if I could lose 1/2 of my planned weight (about 55 lbs) in that time frame. I just need to work out daily and keep pushing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment